20 Sep Caring for your SEO
All too often, I meet with potential clients that disclose in conversation how they are currently working with a company “taking care of their SEO (Search Engine Optimization)”. This leads me to my next question, “What are they doing to take care of your SEO?” Generally, the answer is the same, “I’m not sure, but they provide me with a report each month”. Unfortunately, if the only thing you are receiving each month is a report, that report is not affecting your SEO.
Search Engine Optimization is important to monitor, however if there is a lack of activity on the company social profile pages and website, there will not be much to report. SEO is the “process” of affecting a company’s online presence and visibility within the Search Engine Results Pages. This is most commonly termed as an “Organic” ranking.
Key processes in a successful SEO strategy should include:
• Website activity and relevant content (blogging, new website pages, adding content, etc.)
• Social media profile page activity (posting relevant keyword content, images, videos, etc.)
• User engagement on website and social media profile pages (likes, comments, shares, etc.)
• Utilization of keywords within website and social postings
• Adding “white hat tactic” backlinks
• Search Engine Registration
Of course, the above list is just a portion of a sound SEO strategy. Website content and coding are also major contributors which should be examined and included in optimal SEO practices. If your website is not responsive or mobile “friendly”, this should be your primary focus in improving your Search Engine ranking.
Search Engine Optimization must be maintained on a consistent basis requiring daily attention and time to achieve the desired organic rank. If you have questions or require assistance with SEO, contact David at Media Venue (502) 855-4786.