Hopefully your holiday marketing plans have long been in place and ready to go. For those who haven’t put a plan in place it isn’t too late! Read the below tips in order to help your business reach all potential customers this holiday season (or anytime).
Did you know:
- The average age of social media contestants is 30 years of age
- The best duration for a contest is 25 days
- 63.4% of consumers are likely to share a holiday contest or giveaway on social media.
To host a social contest:
- Pick your prize and entry method
- Develop an attention-getting headline and graphic
- Add details of the contest such as dates for entry, steps for entering, prize details, etc.
- Display instructions on how to share the contest (great opportunity to offer an
incentive for those who share the contest)
- Be sure to add the fine print such as limitations, rules, etc.
- Promote the contest, but remember to follow all contest guidelines on each social site. The rules and guidelines do differ from site to site.
Develop a mobile site
- Only include the most important content
- Develop mobile sites with few images (Mobile sites are designed for quick load times & easy access to information)
- Avoid design and coding that requires a User to “pull” or pinch” in order to view content
- Offer a “Full Site” link
Launch a Loyalty Program
- Set a goal for customers to achieve
- Structure rewards carefully (Discounts, Buy 9 get the 10th free, etc.)
- Promote the program with in-store signage, website and social media sites
- Issue membership cards, virtual membership cards or membership numbers customers can use to track their activity.
- Develop contests or discounts for “Loyalty Program” members only.
- Encourage members with additional benefits for those who “share” the program with friends.
- Set up an email newsletter to communicate with loyalty program members.
Develop a social media coupon
- Develop offer or discount
- Design an image and attention-getting headline
- Offer additional discount or benefits for “sharing”
- Repost often and interact with “friends” or “followers”
- Be sure to require redeemers to “like”, “follower”, etc your social page
- Develop coupon to be interactive
- Offer additional saving for benchmark “likes”, “followers”, etc.
- In 2012, 75% of shoppers used Facebook to search for discounts. (Webs)
- 67.2% of consumers are most likely to share digital coupons on social media.
Create your own Holiday deal day
- Create a fun or catchy title for the day
- Offer savings or discounts for that day only
- Design the day around the behavior of your potential customers
- Promote the “deal day” at least a week before the date
- Offer savings and discounts online as well as in-store
- 44% of shoppers plan to begin making Holiday purchases in early December
Once you have your program in place make sure to train your sales staff on the program and all the details! Make sure you follow through on the program, promote/post the winner(s) if running a contest and ask for feedback from customers and employees. Feedback will help you tweak the campaign and continue to make it stronger.
If you have any questions about the “Last Minute Holiday Marketing Ideas” or want to chat about a strategy catered to your specific needs, please give Media Venue a call or drop us an email. 502-855-4782 email@example.com.