28 Oct Making the Most of Your New Website-Part 1
You are ready to build a new website for your company, but where do you start? Your best friends’ brothers neighbor builds websites ‘for cheap’, but is that who you want to trust? Your website is the face of your company; therefore, it needs to reflect the intricacies, strengths and multiple facets of your business. Many companies and individuals say they can do websites, and many can. But to what caliber? How do you – as a business owner – really know what you are getting in your web developer?
As with everything we do, Media Venue has a process we follow. When a client comes to us wanting to build a new website, Media Venue doesn’t just jump into the creation and design. In fact, we want you, the client, to take a step (or two or three) back and really analyze and get an understanding of what you want to convey in a new website. Ask yourself:
- What are your primary geo target areas? (Hyper-local information is preferred to set yourself apart from others and can highlight multiple markets where offices are located.)
- Please list all Brands offered (please place Brands in order of priority) – you will want to embellish with additional details to help with SEO
- Please list all products to feature along with a description
- Please list all services provided with a brief description of each
- Please list all equipment available for Rental (if applicable)
- What makes your products/services superior to the competition?
- Is the intent to have the website visitor call, email or contact form?
- Please list any and all consistent FAQs (product and brand specific if possible)
- Additional pertinent information
- What websites do you like – layout, content, user-ability, links, etc.
I haven’t updated my website because I don’t know where to start.
New websites can be an intimidating task to take on. That’s why it’s important to work with professionals to guide you through the steps and overall process.
How do I know if I really need a new website?
Media Venue is happy to run an assessment of your current website for a nominal fee. This will give you an understanding of how your current site is performing with all the search engines. We will give you a recommendation of what you could fix as well as a recommendation for a new site. Then you can decide. Just remember, your website is the face of your brand/company and many times the first impression with an interested consumer.
Can I just ‘band-aid’ it if I don’t want to spend the money?
How much time will it take for my website to be complete?
We have steps in place to help move your website along as quick as possible. However, it is important that all steps are followed upfront. There may be hiccups along the way and it is important to be patient and upfront with the website developer on what you like and don’t like.